Monday, September 3, 2007

Girls' Weekend and Flame Crutches

I finished the rest of last week at work, and ended up being pretty productive. This past weekend I switched places with my brother-in-law--he stayed intown in my condo, and I stayed with my sister and nieces in the suburbs. We had a nice, relaxing weekend and it was fun to have so much time with the girls. On the flip side, I had just spent some time with my parents recovering from the surgery so I felt a little homesick for the city-I would have liked to have gone to the Decatur Book Festival, for instance.

I'm doing alright with recovery, except for the crutches--I'm so tired of them. Yesterday at work somebody told me that I had the hand grips too low and that I needed to move them up a notch. I did that and could hardly control myself, I felt like I was wobbling all over the place and bobbing up and down! Then, last night at band practice, Joe (probably realizing how sick I was of them) tricked out my crutches for me. He painted them flame-style, blue at the tips with a little white-hot turning to yellow, orange, red and then black at the top with a few orange sparks. Today I put the hand grips back where I like them and got to show off my new flaming crutches to everyone at work! They made everybody smile, and then Young 'n Cute at the gym walked out with me and chatted me up on the way out... ;-) Thanks Joe! Still hate the crutches, but maybe I hate them just a tiny bit less. And, instead of people wondering about what's wrong with me since I don't have a cast or anything (heavens! it might be a disability!! don't look...), they're just checking out my awesome paint job. My camera battery is out of juice but I'll post a picture soon.

My right hip has been hurting some, which is kind of worrisome. I keep telling myself that it's normal from the surgery, but it seems like it might be getting worse. I have an appointment next week for an x-ray, and I'll be interested to see what's going on in there. So please, keep those prayers, meditations, incantations and good vibes coming my way!

1 comment:

Lila King said...

Incantations on the way! Here's hoping it's nothing a little flame can't fix. xoxo Lila