Thursday, December 6, 2007

3 week video

I'm feeling pretty good... still have pain in the hip. From time to time there are sharp, stabbing pains in the skin, muscles and even what feels like deep in the bone. I think these have something to do with the healing process; I just keep imagining that what I'm feeling are nerves and things sort of stitching themselves back together. And, I'm sore at the end of the day, especially if I've walked or been more active than usual. Doing normal stuff like errands seems to tire me out pretty quickly.



I have been discharged by the home health nurse and have "graduated" from physical therapy! The home health nurse says my incision looks great and my scar should be minimal. (To me it looks horrible, but I don't have a lot of experience with surgical scars--thank goodness.) My PT Tom says there is nothing left to teach me, that I just need to keep doing my exercises until the restrictions have been lifted and I can start doing outpatient therapy. Also he okayed me to walk with a cane, check out the video!


3 comments:

Janna said...

What an amazing cheering squad you have!!! Yay Team Meg!!

hundredsofbillions said...

I love that porch.
stabby pains sounds scary. I like the way you're visualizing the miraculous healing going on in there.

so have you talked with other folks who have had the same procedure? I keep wishing I could better relate...

anne said...

You look nearly ready for dance class!