Friday, November 30, 2007

Two weeks down!

Okay really two weeks and one day... I should have posted yesterday. I did film this video of me walking with one crutch yesterday:



I'm amazed at how quickly I seem to be recovering. I'm still sore but getting stronger every day. The nurse came and removed the staples from my incision so I'm now able to take regular showers! Hooray... I've been walking around the neighborhood and increasing the distance by just a little each day.

I've also been enjoying visits from friends. On Wednesday, Danielle came and took me out to Dominick's in downtown Lawrenceville. Other than the unexpected meat sauce on the gnocchi, it was a great first outing! Yesterday Kelley brought this delicious apple pie over, and Cap'n Phil came by to say hi too.

5 comments:

hundredsofbillions said...

hot dog! love the commentary. You make it look easy!

Lillian said...

That's awesome, Meg. I agree with the above comment. You do make it look easy. I think it's because you just exude grace. ;)

BTW, I think white tights are making a comeback. Well, okay, not really, but I recently watched the first episode of My So-Called Life, and Angela (Claire Danes) is totally rocking the white tights. I don't remember from when I first watched the show, but I wonder if Angela switches to the "alternative" opaque black tights later in the season, y'know, post-Jordan Catalano. Hmmm.

ermaloff said...

I almost feel up to a My So Called Life analysis of your fashion tights, Meg, almost. I feel more awake for a Jordan Catalano gush-a-thon (though the nerd side of me has sympathy for Brain, I mean Brian). Siiiiigh!

Really, you're doing so well. Let's plan another outing and hit all the hot spots in Grayson.

danielle

Meg said...

I'm glad that I'm almost able to pull off the anti-embolism socks as fashion statement... which is figurative of course because I can't actually pull them off myself yet!

Anyone wishing to come see the hotspots of Grayson (or Lawrenceville) with me is more than welcome. um, if there are any hot spots that is...

Janna said...

We're so glad we got to come see you today. You're doing amazingly well! And it was a thrill to watch you put on the white socks... I bet most people haven't been privy to the show!
Love,
Janna and Oliver