Friday, November 16, 2007

My new bionic hip

I had surgery yesterday afternoon and came out about 4:30 PM. So far, so good! There was a chance that my bones could be too soft or too degraded for the resurfacing that I wanted, in which case I'd have to have a total hip replacement. But, everything was fine and I got the resurfacing! I'm feeling okay really, of course I'm sore and soooo tired but the pain is manageable. Earlier today the physical therapists came--my task for the morning was getting out of bed and getting in a chair! It was actually harder than I thought, and letting the PT move my leg was a real test of faith.

The staff at the hospital are extremely caring and nice, there's free wireless internet and I'm sitting next a big window where I can see the sky.

Have to make this one short because I'm just so sleepy, but just wanted to let you all know that everything seems to be going fine.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Yay! Glad to hear it went well! Rest up.