Monday, November 19, 2007

Home again Home again Jiggity Jog

Ok so no jiggity jog, but we are home again... at my parents' place, anyway. I'm soooo happy to be here! We had a long day taking the flight from Baltimore to Atlanta today. I wasn't really excited about checking out of the hotel super-early since I didn't fancy hanging out in the airport more than I had to, but it turned out that the hotel was having a FIRE DRILL. At 10 AM. I didn't want to have to go down the stairs, and this was a BIG fire drill, with fire trucks and everything, so we decided it was a good idea to get out of there before 10. But, our flight wasn't until 1:20 pm, so we got there with time to spare.

Getting in and out of the car is still way harder than I had any idea it would be, but I managed to do it and I'm here in my dad's recliner where I hope to stay for a while!

Hannah asked if I were going to have a scar to show off... yes! I'll have a big souvenir! Right now it looks terrible, about 8 inches I guess running down the side of my thigh with staples-looks like train tracks. I'm told that the scar fades a lot. My vain side doesn't want to have any ugly scars, but my story-telling side is kind of excited about fact that I'll have a souvenir to show off and a(nother) story to tell. Not to mention, I'll just be glad to get the dang staples out!

Thanks y'all for keeping up and checking on me.

1 comment:

Lillian said...

"my story-telling side is kind of excited about fact that I'll have a souvenir to show off"

Hee hee...

Oooh, did you know Roald Dahl kept his hip bone on his desk after he had his replaced? Apparently his doctor told RD that it was the biggest hip bone that he had ever seen. (RD was quite tall, so...) Anyway, I love that he kept it on his desk, and oddly enough, that's something that I will always remember about him.

Also, did you know that Martha Stewart just recently had one of her hips replaced? She doesn't have a photo of her old hip bone or even her scar on her blog, just a borrring photo of the replacement bits before they went in. Actually, it's not really boring as it is kinda cool to see the parts, but it's hard to imagine how they fit together to make a hip bone.

Science, it's like magic. :)