Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday Morning at the Watson Rehab Center

Breakfast was divine... raspberry cream-cheese filled french toast! I coudn't ask for better care, or better accomodations.

Yesterday the home health nurse came by to check on me. She had to ask me a lot of strange questions (like if I was a coal-miner), and she wanted to see all my medicines along with my explanation of what I was taking them for. She thinks I'm having a reaction to the adhesives--I have a few blisters on my leg and a sore where I had a band-aid on my hand.

Today the physical therapist is coming. I'm looking forward to getting started. I've been doing some exercises on my own, twice a day.

This virtual hip resurfacing is kind of interesting. It shows, in cartoon form, all of the steps that had to be taken in my surgery. Even though it's a cartoon, it's not for the faint-hearted! I'm glad I didn't do it before the surgery. After I did it, I realized why I'm so sore!!

1 comment:

Lollie said...

OK Meg, this is a really late date to leave a comment, but Benjamin, Nora, and I have just been exploring your blog. I just thought you would like knowing that Dr. Benjamin just did the virtual surgery with much glee. We think he's going to be our family doctor.