Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm one week out from my resurfacing surgery, yay! In honor of Thanksgiving here's a list of things I'm thankful for this year:

-I live in Atlanta, where my parents and my sister's family both live. I'm so glad I don't have to travel to see them, and I'm glad I can recuperate with my folks and they can keep doing the things they like to do.

-My parents are retired so they have enough time to take care of me, but still young and healthy and able to take care of me.

-I work with wonderful, supportive people who have really helped me through a difficult year. They have given me tons of advice and support on my health issues, helped me switch to a fellowship with a better health insurance plan, and sent me flowers after both surgeries!

-After a year and a half of worsening pain and more and more limited activity, I'm on the road to getting better.

Here is a picture of my pirate band-aid, next to the longest band-aid I've ever seen. I know it's not the most attractive picture of me--my leg's still swollen, there are some bruises and blisters, and it's still stained with the betadine--but I'm still proud of it.


Below, see video of me walking with commentary by dad. The white socks are NOT a fashion statement--they are the anti-embolism stockings I have to wear to avoid blood clots (for five weeks, ugh).

2 comments:

andi said...

Wow!!! I can't belive how quick you've gotten, and it's only been a couple of days since I saw you! Keep it up.

Love ya!

ermaloff said...

Hey Meg, I'm thankful for our friendship!