Sunday, November 11, 2007

Four more days

My big hip resurfacing surgery is on Thursday! I can't believe it's less than a week now. As it's gotten closer, I've been "faking it" more and more, and trying to enjoy my freedom as much as possible before going under the knife. I haven't been using a crutch or cane all that much since I know I'll have to after the surgery. My leg hurts more, but I guess it's bearable because I know that it's going to be fixed soon. It is pretty painful though, I'm having a little trouble sleeping and it even hurts sometimes in my dreams.

I'm really looking forward to getting better--but really scared about the surgery and recovery. I'm just planning on giving myself the rest of the calendar year to lay low and get better. I'll work as much as I am able and have a couple of holiday parties already planned, but I'm otherwise planning to just focus on getting well.

I'm planning to stay with my parents for a while. I'll have to see how it goes but I'm expecting this recovery to be much harder than the last one.

It really makes a big difference to know that all of you are thinking of me. Sometimes I feel really tired, discouraged or I hurt and then I remember how many people are rooting for me, each in his or her own way, and I feel better and stronger. So--Thank you!

1 comment:

hundredsofbillions said...

Hey Meg,
I hope "focusing on getting well" includes trashy novels, veggie comfort food, comedies on DVD, pedicures, naps, online boot shopping, blogging, cookie baking, songwriting, more naps, and permission to do nothing at all. This week is going to change your life! That's a beautiful thing for us to witness. Love, Hannah