Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Foamhenge

We left pretty early in the morning and headed for home. I had to get out every hour in order to stretch my legs a little. Besides the rest stops, another point of interest along the way was Foamhenge, a life-size styrofoam replica of Stonehenge. It was up a hill and not very accessible on crutches, so thank goodness for this virtual tour. Foamhenge is in Natural Bridge, Virginia, named after the Natural Bridge. We stopped at this tourist attraction and although we didn't get to see the actual Natural Bridge, we did see a statue out front of a cowboy riding a dinosaur.

We were planning on going all the way home but by evening I was really exhausted. We stopped and spent the night in Gaffney, SC, home of The Peachoid. Today we made it the rest of the way to my parents' house. So far everything is okay; I'm still tired but I made it to the drugstore and the grocery store. I used the store wheelchairs which gave me a chance to get off of both hips. Besides, with crutches in both hands, I can't pick anything up--but with the chair I was able to help out.

Oh, I forgot to mention one minor mishap that happened along the way. I dropped my cell phone in a glass of water and now it's not working. If you call my regular number, the message will give you my parents' number...

3 comments:

Lila King said...

So glad to hear you're home!

Unknown said...

Meg,
Sounds like a fun ride (Meds, or not!). By the way, your website looks GREAT! Dave

ermaloff said...

I always called it the Gaffney Peach Butt and loyally call out "Peach Butt!" whenever I see it.