Monday, August 13, 2007

So Far, So Good

We got to the hospital at eight this morning, did paperwork and waited. They started prepping me for surgery around 10 or so. Dr. Mont came by and visited with me. He seemed busy but he made time to sit and chat with me and answer some questions I had. The nurses, anesthesiologists, and everyone else I came in contact with were very nice. Dr. Mont said the actual drilling portion of the surgery only took a few minutes. We won't know for sure if the surgery is a success for 10 months to a year. Chances are good that if I don't have pain in a year, that hip won't give me any more trouble.

We got back to the hotel this afternoon and have just been relaxing. I feel okay but just sore and stiff. The hotel had a wheelchair for us to borrow, so we went on a short tour of some shops next door. I even felt well enough to go to dinner on crutches, but I was ready to leave by the time the check came! I can definitely tell when the drugs are wearing off, ouch. I'm a little nervous about going around on crutches using the left leg (the original bad side) while I let the right side heel.

Tomorrow AM we are heading south. I'm supposed to get up and move around every hour, so we'll have to make a lot of stops. I guess by the time we get back I'll be a rest-stop connoisseur.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Meg,
Glad to hear all is well! Have a good ride home, and beware of the "Nice" people at the rest stops!! Dave

Bobby C said...

Great to hear you are doing well. - Bobby

Janna said...

Yay! So happy to read the update. You sound chipper.

Unknown said...

awesome news!!

mmostrom said...

Meg,
So glad to hear you are doing well!

Are you staying at home?

Thinking about you lots!

mark

heather edelblute said...

Hello! Glad to hear that things went well. Thinking about you. . .