Thursday, August 16, 2007

Recovery blues

I feel like I shouldn't complain because I'm doing so well with the surgery. I'm not really in a lot of pain or anything. I'm not even sure I have stitches--the surgical area is very small.

But--I have to be on crutches for at least four weeks, and that means putting most of the weight on the bad left hip. And, that means at least four weeks of having to use my arms and hands to help me get around, instead of to carry things. I'm sure I'll figure out solutions but in the meantime, carrying a glass of water, cup of coffee, or book from one room to another seems like a major ordeal.

And, I have to wear these white knee-high anti-embolism socks to prevent blood clots--for two weeks--in 100+ degree weather. I'm trying to figure out how to make them fashionable, but since my current wardrobe is basically limited to elastic-waistband pants, I'm not having much luck yet. They are also tight and uncomfortable to sleep in.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me gripe. Everything is really fine, just slightly annoying.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

If anyone can make Invalid clothing look chic, it's you! Dave

Bobby C said...

Buck up little camper. If youneed anything, feel free to ask. -B

ermaloff said...

Can we add tassles to the socks? or how about painting stripes on? (I have fabric paint at home that needs to be used, just say the word!) I'm serious about the nurse uniform at the Grant Park festival.

Unknown said...

hey meg, i have some black ones (knee sox) and I think also some dark grey tights (which I never wore) from my pregnancy if'n you want to try those.

Name said...

It's a good sign that you're getting ancy! I hope the drugs are working well in the meantime. We will see you soon.